Monday, July 30, 2012

Your Life as Story

I am excited about this book and after only one and a half chapters, I want to write about it. It's about writing, about seeing what happens when you write. It's about seeing the arch of your life, the shape of it, finally, so far. This blog is by way of being (what does that phrase "by way of being" mean, anyway?) writing practice, as I read and read, preparatory to jumping into a book. It all stems from the 50th reunion and what it meant to me, what it still means to me. For the first time, when I was in Cambridge in May, I was able to look back across 30-year period of my life that had become a black hole. I was able to recognize the person I was then, although not yet clearly, and that lends me a certainty that I will have a self in the next 30 years and that that self will be and is worthwhile. It's all about observing the present, past, future, and seeing my story.

2 comments: