Wednesday, July 4, 2012

On Reading

Fearless Jones and Paris Minton got themselves out of their pickle at the very last moment, and breathed a bitter-sweet sigh of satisfaction and sadness that the book was over. There are more, and I look forward to them, but I can't read another right away - too rich.


I just read the essay (long blog) by Lee Siegel, called Harvard is Burning. Since I am politically unastute, I won't say more than it's a rant, and I felt abused after reading it. I just didn't get it, and don't get him. Cultural criticism? 


So now what to read? There's a book waiting at the library (yes, I do go to an actual library as well as two other libraries that carry eBooks and of course Amazon) - named What Was She Thinking - Notes on a Scandal. The latter title is the movie title and maybe was the original title or subtitle of the book.  But it's only 7pm, and I have two or three more reading hours (well, reading and writing and laundry), and I need a book now! I'm a third of the way through The Plug-In Drug and can dip into it some, but I'm looking for something more cosy.


I'm always happy when I'm in a good book. 

1 comment: