Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Long Driving Day

Better Blogs Before Breakfast?


It's 8:15 here in the Golden West, and I'm just home from a Murphys to Alameda round-trip lunch visit with my son, Will, for his 41st birthday. And with his girlfriend, who I just met for the first time. She lives near Bloomington, but in Illinois. I think. She flew out to surprise him. It took a scores of many fine actors to pull it off, but he was truly surprised.


We had lunch at the Bombay SuperStar in Alameda, and I had my favorite tea leaf salad. They bring to the table a plate of lettuce, finely sliced, and all around it are piles of comestibles - peanuts, toasted garlic, sesame seeds, soy nuts, shrimp dust, and a bowl of the tea leaf dressing. Next time I'll bring my camera. Ahem. Trust me, it's a beautiful plate, and the server mixes it all up in makes it not so beautiful, but absolutely delicious. 


Heavy heavy traffic this eve of the 4th, and a recently removed obsession returned. Thank goodness for cell phones, as I was able to call a friend who talked me down. I am truly grateful. Yes, I have a headset - no hands on phones in cars in California. I am grateful for cell phones, but mostly for friends.


So, tired to bed and more Fearless Jones, whose friend, Paris Minton, has gotten them into a real pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment