Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What I'm reading now

The Harvard Psychedelic Club, Don Lattin. I lived my late '60's and early '70's on a nearby parallel road. Roxane loaned me her copy after I started it when I was visiting her last weekend. 


Paper Garden, Molly Peacock. As I wrote before, the story of Mary Delaney who became a "mosaick" artist at the age of 72. The writing style almost gets in the way of what is really a fascinating story.


Just got in the mail from Amazon: Your Life as Story, Tristine Rainer. Recommended by Judith Nies. Maybe it'll help this blog take new and lively (pun intended) directions.


Waiting at the library, Slouching Towards Bethlehem, Joan Dideon. Now I can't quite remember why I reserved it, except that someone mentioned another book that she wrote that I couldn't find and I love her. 


New on my Kindle: Fire in the Lake, Frances FitzGerald. Another classmate's book about Viet Nam, feeding my interest in the decades in which I grew and lived, and mentioned in The Girl I Left Behind, Judith Nies, about which I've already written; and The Golden Compass, Philip Pullman, also mentioned to me by Roxane. 


There was a table at the Harvard Coop (and for you here on the other coast, that's pronounced as in the hen house) that had piles of books written by people in our class. I wanted to buy all of them, but for the weight of my luggage. I've bought a few since I've come home. They are part of the link to the person I was 50 years ago, and looking forward to the person I am becoming. 



No comments:

Post a Comment