Monday, September 10, 2012

Uprooting

I see that I haven't written since Friday! My head is full of a thousand details about moving. I'm going from 1750 square feet to 650, which might give an idea of how much stuff I need to get rid of. Yesterday and today are a challenge, as I go through my desk and find papers that make me sad, and go through boxes that I haven't looked at since I moved here two and a half years ago. Opening them, I feel foolish and wasteful that I have so much stuff that I don't even know what I have. But I also feel nostalgic (the pain of remembering) as I look at things. The dress that I was wearing the day my mother-in-law (who I loved) died. Coats, snow clothes, special shoes for a special occasion. Linen for a family of six. Jeans in all sizes - all mine! And none that fit today. 

It's been okay til yesterday - feeling free as I see things fly out the door. But now I need my people to be with me. And they will be, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment