Saturday, September 1, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon

If I have a yard sale once in a blue moon, it will be too often. It could have been fun - seeing people and chatting - but I was so tired I could barely enjoy it - not even the money coming in from my junk, although I'm grateful for that. I could not have done it without Barbaranne, who managed to leap to her feet to enthusiastically greet the stragglers at 3:30. Labor Day indeed.

There were yard sales all up and down Route 4, from Angels Camp to Arnold, about a half hour drive, in communities, churches, fire stations. There were people who were hitting them all. I have this image, swirling in my head, of one person's trash becoming another person's treasure, all the pieces in elliptical orbit over Calaveras County. 

Listen to me now: I will not buy anything just because it appeals to me. I will not buy materials for a project unless I plan on going home and starting it immediately. Ever again. I swear!

1 comment: