Monday, September 17, 2012

Full Day in Burbank

As promised, I spent most of today in sleep. I didn't put a thing away, and I cannot spend too many days like that. I think that last sentence could read both ways - meaning I'd better get cracking, or meaning there could not be enough days like that! Take your pick. I did, of course, take Jenny Lind on two walks. She seems to be perfectly comfortable with city walking. This might be the first time she's ever met a sidewalk! 

And then tonight I went to Alwyn and Daniel's for supper - cooked by Ruby. A wonderful salmon in wasabi sauce, real mashed potatoes, salad, cheesecake for dessert. Ruby, who arrived here on Wednesday from Australia to live with her father and step-mother, starts 8th grade tomorrow. My first grandmotherly job will be Thursday night, when Daniel and Alwyn both work. Many new beginnings operating in synchronicity. 

I need my old friends, too, so if you're reading this, please let me know. It's not great literature, nor even a moving memoir, but it is the days of my life, and they are precious to me. But most precious if I share them with you.

1 comment: