Friday, September 7, 2012

Music in the Park

The last First Friday Music in the Park for the summer, and the last before I leave for Burbank. 


The gazebo, waiting for the bank - Swing Gitane - to arrive.

The crowd is settling in and lining up to get dinner. $8 for a fabulous chicken, salad, special bread and a cookie from Alchemy, one of our favorite restaurants. You can see in the foreground the back of our favorite bench - right in front!
The lead singer, Susie Easley, just behind the kayak that was raffled off tonight. The kayak was donated by SNAC - Sierra Nevada Adventure Company, our local outdoor outfitters. Susie has a voice that comes up from her toes, and as she lets it out, she shapes it in a hundred different forms.
My dear friend Colleen (in the green dress) dancing with a friend. She was about the best and most beautiful dancer there. By the time the dance floor (asphalt) was crowded, it was too dark to take pictures. I am sorry that I didn't capture a little girl, Liliana, who attached herself to Colleen and her group of friends, and danced with them or alone for the rest of the evening. One couple brought their own dance floor! They explained to us that the last time they'd danced on the asphalt their legs were very sorry. They danced from the first note to the last.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I were there! I would have danced all night! Did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no, I didn't dance at all! I have, in years past, but at least this year I was up for enjoying watching everyone else.

      Delete