Thursday, September 6, 2012

Memories and moving

I sit here now while the piano movers take my piano away. It's not sad, it's freeing. There was a time when I was studying music, singing and piano, three or four years ago, when I got the piano, and it was one of a most eager and hopeful. Then things changed, and music became very difficult, emotionally and physically - too much stimulus, I think. I never did learn to play very well. Sloth (procrastination in one syllable) kept me from practicing, and then my life changed.

But music is back. If I want to play, I'm sure there's a piano I can use at the Burbank Artists Colony, or I can use my son-in-law's. I do plan on checking out the chorus at the Colony, and I'll see if that's a fit. I did sing - I might have mentioned it - in the reunion Memorial Choir, and was delighted, not so much with my voice, but with my ability to read and sing. I have put a lot into that skill, and it would be wonderful to exercise it.

Tomorrow night is the last Music in the Park, and my friends and I are going to be there. It's Swing Gitane, a group that performed earlier this summer and we loved them. You can check them out and listen to some of their songs on their new album, at swinggitane.com and think of me. I have lived in an amazing place, with some amazing events.

Moving date is set - Sunday the 16th of this month. I've got butterflies!

1 comment:

  1. Though it must be sad to leave your beautiful town, it sounds like your headed for a wonderful new life!

    ReplyDelete