Friday, September 14, 2012

Last Night in Murphys

Well, this is it. With the strength of ten, my two friends Gail and Kate spent a third day packing me up, and all is ready to go except for what I'm going to throw in the car tomorrow. A dog and a cat and a coffee pot and a futon. I will spend tomorrow night in Burbank, and the moving truck will arrive Sunday morning. That's the plan right now! There have been many changes of plan along the way, so I'm ready for anything, just about.

Last night Gail and I ate at El Jardin, outside, beside the creek that runs down the mountain and into Murphys Park - I've shown pictures of it in the park. And then tonight - my request - Barbaranne joined us at Alchemy, and we all had dessert (oh yes, as well as dinner). Tomorrow Gail and I might have one final meal together at breakfast, but that depends on the moving truck. I've seen many friends for moving farewells, and I feel so fortunate to have had such wonderful spirits by my side these last 11 years.

Tomorrow I hope to be on the road by noon, Burbank by 6, and an exciting step into a new today.

Love to you all, Murphys.

1 comment: