Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What I'm Reading

I hope I haven't missed any books that I inhaled and forgot! I read Odd Thomas, Odd Apocalypse, Dean Koontz and report that it was less Odd as a character than it was a sci fi adventure. Seems to me that what I've read of Koontz, the chills are generated by seemingly normal, but not really normal settings and happenings. It's all in the characters, but this one missed that. Except for cameos by Tesla and Hitchcock. 

I started Me Again by Keith Cronin, about a man waking up six years after a stroke. I thought when I bought it (sort of bought it - it was free on bookbub.com) that it was a memoir, but it is a novel. Wonderful so far, but I remembered that I'd taken a book out of the library that I need to read first! My first book from the Burbank Library. It's The Fires Beneath the Sea, by Lydia Millet, and was recommended as a young adult fantasy book - the first in a trilogy - that focuses on the environment. Or maybe even on climate change; I can't quite remember where or what. I thought Ruby might like it, but I want to read it first. I'm going to take her to the library on Thursday to get her library card. Don't leave home without one, even if you have a Kindle and bookbub.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment