Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

And that's all I'm going to say about that. I hope we all voted - it gets more important to me as I grow older. I am woman, hear me roar. Or at least hear me make little clicks in the polling booth.

This is a quick note tonight to say that my computer finally got tired of my ignoring its messages telling me that the hard drive was full, and on Sunday, pouted and went to sleep. The first appointment I could make at the genius bar - and that is not a misnomer!! - was this morning. My new iPhone helped me limp along, but suddenly I remembered that I can use the BSAC computers in our lovely business center. However, away from home, my passwords grew shy and I was unable to access the blogger. It was a full day today, including taking Macbook to the geniuses, and, upon their diagnosis and recommendation, taking it to Melrose Mac. Still can't quite figure out why, but there you are. With all that I was doing, I remembered thumb drives, and password retrievals, and here I am. Three poems printed and saved, blogger password recreated, and a very warm good night to you all.

2 comments:

  1. You still click when you vote? We now have to use markers that bleed through onto the reverse side of the ballot and rather than vote in booths, we have to vote at 4-sided (with shields between the sides) round tables! Then we slip our ballot into a machine the eats it up (or spits it out) and automatically counts all the votes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little pen thing that, with a little click, made unaccountable marks on the ballot. Then we, too, take the ballot to that machine - is it a shredder?

      Delete