Saturday, November 3, 2012

Change is Comin'

I can feel it - change is coming. 

Part is the election. It's tensely exciting, and no matter what the outcome, it will change our country, I think. 

Part is the weather. It's beginning to be fall here. Although the temperatures are veering into the 90's in the next few days, the nights are cool and the leaves are falling. Falling palm leaves are not exactly what I'm used to, but the willingness is there. I'm not in New England any more! 

I've reached a point in my life here where I have traffic jams in my schedule and it's time to sit back a little and feel my way and direction. I'm on an amazing adventure. Life. 

Energy always flows strongly in the fall. It's the blood thinning with the cooler weather; it's the final surge of energy to be ready for the long quiet time of winter. 

Maybe it's just the excitement of getting an extra hour when the time changes!

Reading: I did finish the second short book of the Richard Castle Derrick Storm trilogy. Can't be a trilogy when each one isn't even a book, but no quibbling allowed. And I am about on the last pages of the third. Don't know what I'll read next. Got a Burbank public library card today. They don't yet have ebooks for Kindle, but promises are being made that they will soon. Glendale library - the next town - does have ebooks for Kindle, so I'll have to get a card there. Forgot the book I wanted to take out and the reference librarian, though kind, was not able to help me with that. And now I've forgotten what email it was that promoted the book. I guess I won't be reading it soon. 

1 comment:

  1. The change of seasons is always exciting; most of our leaves have fallen, without too much color, though; freezing temperatures last night reminded us that winter is on its way!

    ReplyDelete