Sunday, November 25, 2012

'tis the season - really!


Alwyn, Daniel, Ruby, and I went to get the Christmas tree today - in 90 degree weather! Then this evening, while Alwyn and Dan were at a wedding, Ruby and I decorated it. And Billy undecorated it.

Reading: I finished (I think since I last wrote about reading and books) an Elm Creek quilting book called 
The Giving Quilt, by Jennifer Chiaverini. Cozy, nice talk about quilts and reminds me always of my two sessions of quilt camp while I was living in Murphys and a member of the Independent Hall Quilters. Then I read 
Me Again, by Keith Cronin, a find from bookbub.com.  It's a novel about a man waking up from a six-year coma. Oddly, it's quite near to the only sort-of novel I've attempted, through NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month), where the heroine becomes suddenly blilnd. Cronin's book is witty and poignant and completely enjoyable. Mine, as I recall, had very little humor, much less wittiness, and might put the reader into a coma. I've not had courage to read it again! The Cronin book finished, I chose another recent bookbub acquisition, only to find it a memoir of a woman who has a brain aneurysm. 
Rebooting My Brain, by Maria Ross. I hope there's no presentiment in these two books coming to me in quick succession. Ross's book is also witty and poignant. 

2 comments: