Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

I woke up this morning to Los Angeles fog! Not really dense, but my first taste of it. And the weather turns chilly. But where the BSAC Players rehearse, in the theater, the air conditioning continues to chill the chill. During Zumba, I'm sure it feels good.

The BSAC Players' five short plays - skits, really - are not quite coming together yet. I recall the line from Another Open'n Another Show that says, "Five weeks, we rehearse and rehearse, four weeks, and it couldn't be worse." The title of the evening, as of now, is Varicose Variety. That might give you an idea. We're all more or less reading lines right now, but we actually got on stage tonight, where holding the scripts really holds us back. Not only do I have to learn my official part, that of a prosecutor in "Snobitude," but also Scarlett, in Gone with the Wind (revisited in 12 Aches Plantation, Home for the Incredibly Aged) which I've now read as often as the assigned actor. 

Drove to Glendale to the beautiful public health facility where I got a TB test, required for the mentoring project. Feeling slightly as if there's a cold in the back of my throat, so I stayed in instead of trick-or-treating with Ruby, Alwyn, Daniel. Hoping for pictures.

I did finish the Persecution of Mildred Dunlap and it was pretty good, enough so that I'm glad I didn't quit. Then I read a Richard Castle Derrick Storm short book - actually a third of a story - that's how they got me to pay $6 for the whole thing, by charging $2 for each third! Cheating, I call it. But it worked, and I bought the second third. Confession - I think I read the Brewing Storm before, but remembered only pieces as I came on them again. At this rate, I'll never have to get another book. I'll just read the old ones again and it'll be as if they're new!


No comments:

Post a Comment