Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BSAC

Burbank Senior Artists Colony. Located at the corner of E. Verdugo and San Fernando. The bird of paradise in yesterday's blog was snapped at that corner, looking down San Fernando. Tonight, after BSAC Players, Jenny Lind and I walked the beautiful length of the village street - six blocks one way, or a half a mile. It is festive, with people smiling and shops glittering, and restaurants tempting. I could eat at a different place every night for at least a month, but I've only been to the Wild Carvery, since I can have Jenny Lind on the patio. And their food is very good. A little pricey, I think.

BSAC chorus today. I wish I could tape rehearsals. And then the rehearsal of the Players, which was hysterical as we read through a scene in a brothel where all the women play prostitutes, and our single male actor tonight faked an orgasm. Very well, too. It will bring down the house, I sure. It may bring us all down as well.

Today was a red letter day. I found the dumpster. There is a trash chute at the end of the hall, but I need to throw away some large items, like delivery boxes and an old cat box, which has been replaced by a Salle de Bain du Chat. Is that not elegant?



Last night I finished Elsie, and started World War II London Blitz Diary, another diary cum memoir. Reading other people's lives is fascinating, and I can only hope to emulate. This is another book from bookbub.com

Someday, far in the future, someone will stumble on the cloud, and there they will find a rich mine of blogged writings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment