Monday, October 15, 2012

Diary

I have not written for three days, and in that time have gotten two writing assignments. The first was from poetry class, and that was "write everyday." The second was today in resident's writing group, where I am assigned to finish the story I started in the group. They want to know how it ends. So do I.

Imagine a life where you get to do exactly what you want to do.

Recourse to diary form, then. Might be boring to readers, but is, I hope, informative to me. I am reading now a book titled Elsie - Adventures of an Arizona Schoolteacher 1913 - 1916, by Barbara Anne Waite. The book is based on letters from Elsie to her family, on research and interviews by the author, and by short diary entries. It is impressive how just a few words limn a life. (Please forgive the alliteration - I seem to have a bad case of it.)

Friday October 11, 2012
Writing from Life, with a wonderful teacher. The usual group was there. Then philosophy group, and the video sparked a good discussion on Can We Eliminate Evil? Ruby came to Happy Hour with me; long walk with Jenny Lind, then Scrabble, reading, until bedtime.
Saturday October 13, 2012
I believe I did nothing on Saturday! Except the usual Jenny Lind walks, reading, email.
Sunday October 14, 2012
Dan and Ruby came over and Dan put together my cat box cabinet. I hope XieXie is as pleased with it as I am. What a lovely piece of furniture in my bathroom, rather than a dusty plastic and obvious Litter Box. Tried to go to a meditation meeting at night, but it was in Los Feliz where parking is a challenge. A few turns around the surrounding blocks, and it was way to late to go to the meeting. I drove north on I-5 (known in Southern California as "the 5") to find out what exit I should tell my friends to take when they travel down to visit. Obscurely, it is called Verdugo. I live on Verdugo! I live only two blocks from the freeway, but hear nothing of it.
Monday October 15, 2012
Again I slept late. This is beginning to be worrisome. Resident's writers group in the afternoon, walks with Jenny Lind. What would I do without her?

No comments:

Post a Comment