Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Burbank Senior Arts Colony

Today was spent staring at the lease application, and being struck with fear. I was afraid that I had crowed too much too soon about this wonderful place that in my mind I've already moved to, and that the fates would punish me by pulling rug out now. I was afraid I wasn't grown-up enough to fill out the application properly. I was afraid I would be turned down, ashamed, stuck in Murphys.


This is silly! I have a friend, who announced recently that she had no fear. It was such a calm and sure statement, so beautifully confident that the room we were in was struck in golden silence for a moment. I am remembering her today, with gratitude, and I am borrowing her fearlessness. And I am remembering the statement that courage is being afraid and doing it anyway. 


I am on my own, but I am never alone. I am simply not dependent on another person to provide my happiness or security - or to fill out a lease application for me! 

1 comment: