Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympics 2



Here is another shot of the London Tower Bridge with the Olympic rings and the moon. When I posted a version of this yesterday, I wondered if it were what snopes.com calls fauxtography. Today, research finds that in the UK Daily News, this photograp is attributed to  Reuters photographer, Luke MacGregor.




2012 Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas, photographed by AP photographer Greg Bull.




There have been very few years that I have watched or followed the Olympics on television. I did watch the China Olympics opening ceremony two or three times, always with breathless awe. My television watching is waning, for now, and soon to be almost non-existent. I've sold the set and am only keeping it to watch a few things I've TiVo'd, while I bind a quilt for a friend, and knit some spa washcloths for the boutique at the Independence Hall Quilter Faire at Ironstone Winery in Murphys. The Olympics' sportcasting sound, which comes on when the set is first turned on, (and I could change that, but haven't - why is that?) is not pleasant. I suppose that, as with music, you either like sound of sportscasts or you don't. 







2 comments:

  1. If I answer your comment, do you get the answer?
    A spa washcloth is knitted cotton, earthy, pretty, and exfoliating. We in California are big on spa stuff! Or at least that's what I hear. A spa can be anything from a water swirling system in your bathtub (sometimes in the bedroom!), to a hot tub under the stars and snow, or a major and very pricey day-long experience with mud, massage, herbal tea, hot stones, maybe hot scones. I'm saying almost all of this from hearsay and my imagination. In my last house I did have a hot tub outdoors, but it broke down fairly soon. The second Christmas, my daughter was visiting, and went into the hot tub as the snow fell, and soon came screaming inside because the water heater had stopped working. Or maybe it was because I ran out of peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete