Thursday, August 2, 2012

My life is moving!

I am so excited about moving, that I can't seem to get enough detachment to write about anything else. Today I watched furniture walk out of my house (on friends' feet). I am dispersing almost everything. Almost sold my bed, but changed my mind. And today, I filled out and mailed the lease application - fear but doing it anyway, with trust. Coincidentally (I think not) in my mail today, from my attorney, was my copy of our proposed answer to whatshisname's proposed divorce settlement. I don't like that word. It's scissory, sharp, cold. Let's use the formal, dissolution of marriage. Dissolve it did, but not gently, turbulently. Like 10 Alka-Seltzers in a glass of water.  It's still awful, but still the vistas open in front of me.


Anyone want to buy a white grand piano? I'll make you such a deal.


Reading: Your Life as Story, the second book of His Dark Materials, Prince of Tides. The latter will have to take a break while I finish the Dark Materials and work with Your Life as Story,  which is part text book, part workbook, part literature.


Send chocolate.



2 comments: