Monday, August 27, 2012

Monkey Brain

I hear Buddhists talk about the monkey brain, and I know that I have one. It is running around in my head even right now, reminding me of things that I've forgotten, and then reminding me again when I've again forgotten. It's making new plans even as I set the old ones in place, changing our mind, canceling appointments maybe, making new ones. And we wonder that we have a slow time quieting for sleep.

Another moving tip. Don't wear flip-flops when you're carrying things. I thought of this one all by myself as I took trash bags to my car, down five or six steps. Wearing flip-flops. So I stepped very carefully, and make it to the car with grace and safety. Then, on the way back, I stumbled on my flip-flop toe and fell, sort of, up the stairs. Bent my finger enough to take aspirin. This morning in the shower I was scrubbing my toes to get the dirty spot off and when it stayed, I realized it was a bruise. 

Come on, monkey brain, let's get some sleep.

1 comment: