Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gold Country Roasters


I mentioned in an earlier note that I had spent a morning knitting and drinking coffee with my friend Barbaranne in a new incarnation of a Murphys coffee shop. And I mentioned that I'd forgotten to take a picture of it. Today, I went again to have coffee at the Gold Country Roastery, and today I thought of using my cell phone to take a picture of the big, brass roasting machine. They have put it in a room by itself with windows for observation. It looks like a small antique steam engine in a train museum. They told me that I'd missed the morning roasting.  Today there were five friends stopping in for coffee in the early afternoon. I had a orange-tangerine fruit smoothie, and then a decaf double espresso over ice to take with me for my mid-afternoon appointment.

This is one of many photographs of Murphys that I will take before I leave. 




1 comment:

  1. You'll have to return often! What a wonderful place to have morning coffee! And the aroma of freshly roasted coffee must be heavenly!

    ReplyDelete