Thursday, September 20, 2012

GrandmaAbigail's gratitude

That would be me!! I am a grandma to three children of Mathew, step-grandma to three children of Cedar, and now I'm step-grandma to Ruby, Alwyn's stepdaughter, and Dan's daughter. I think I'll leave out the steps from now on! Tonight was our first evening together, as Alwyn played for Pacific Symphony and Dan played at his regular Thursday night job at Bistro something. Or Something Bistro. Ruby, whose transition at 13 from Australia is somewhat huger than mine, finished her third day at school, and we went home and had supper and she (and I) did her homework. I had a computer job to do, and that took me til Dan got home. It's late now - way past my bedtime. This is what I have been looking for - family, work, usefulness, meaningfulness. I am very grateful.

1 comment: