Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ah, Burbank

Tired today - kind of a jet lag. Thank goodness for necessary dog walks, or my muscles would be atrophying! Today's events: Hung the shower curtain that Alwyn gave me - with hooks - and discovered that I can't make the shower work - the little thing that you pull up to go from tub to shower is stuck. The tub, however, is excellent. Narrow enough to require gymnast skills to get my head under the faucet. Good exercise, right? Have all the required bathroom accoutrements in place. So what is in that big box marked "bathroom"? Still can't find my coffee filters, but bless Kate for giving me five loose ones. So I found Ralphs supermarket. With CVS, my pharmacy, it's cattycornered across the street from Trader Joe's - and a half a mile from my house. (Like Murphys, there's no apostrophe - I checked.) I couldn't believe Ralphs. Even the SaveMart in Angels Camp, which is a huge store next to Sierra Market, would fit in one small corner of Ralphs. Oddly, I found everything very easily. Jenny Lind continues to behave like a lady on her muzzle-less walks. There was a little dog that growled as we passed, and Jenny Lind did react, but not even slightly seriously. I could show you scars from earlier times. Maybe Jenny Lind thought that the dogs in Arnold were wild animals that had to be subdued, but these sidewalk companions are her kind? I am grateful!

And we do have tickets to Pacific Symphony this Saturday! I'll have to miss Midsummer Night's Dream here at BSAC. Such a hard life with hard choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment