Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Time to Sleep

The excitement of the move, and settling in to a new life, hit me yesterday, and I slept almost all day! I thought I would not be able to sleep last night, but surprised even myself. I woke to the 7am (ever hopeful) alarm and went right back to sleep until the phone rang. It was the program director reminding me that I had signed up for a free flu shot - provided by Rite Aid, right downstairs in our clubroom. I threw on clothes, told my hair to lie down, told Jenny Lind to wait for a little bit before going out, walked the half block to the clubroom, got a "little pinch" (why do they say that? Why not call a spade a spade and say a little stab?). Then I went for a walk and home to coffee! All the windows are open to the cool outside air. XieXie loves watching traffic from his cushion under the window. And I find that the noise of traffic and passersby does not annoy me at all. I remain amazed that all three of us seem to be city folks.

1 comment: