Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Solstice

Today is the longest day of the year, and by chance, I will be seeing every daylight hour. 



Woke up at 4:30 this morning, before there was any light in the sky. Left Murphys at 5:15 for a three-hour trip to San Rafael, where my dentist is, to take care of the aforementioned dental issue. Most of the heavy traffic was a two-lane road along beautiful San Pablo Bay. I saw a mother egret and egretlets, ducks, swans. Not a bad traffic jam.


9:45 and now I am sitting in Starbucks in San Rafael, CA, next door to the San Rafael Theater where American Graffiti was filmed in 1973. 


Noon. Been to the Apple store in The Village at Corte Madera and in about 30 seconds they corrected a setting that I had changed and then couldn't find out to change back. Now at Peet's coffee right next door to Apple. Best coffee in the San Francisco Bay Area.


7:21pm and I'm home. Dentist and computer both a success and with no charge either place! Well worth the tank of gas I put into it.


8:28 The longest day of the year is now officially over. It will be a while before dark, still, and I'll probably see the light out.





No comments:

Post a Comment